- Outside the House
- Inside the House
- Small Businesses
- Vacation Home/Cottage
If you have a question about the
please fill out the form below!
Avoid Signing Contracts with Door-to-Door Security Salespeople
A recent article in the Toronto Star-based website Moneyville.ca warns of the dangers involved with door-to-door security pitches. Here are a few key takeaways from the article:
- Never sign anything at the time of the pitch. Read all the material. If the sales person insists that there is a limited time offer ask them to leave immediately.
- Shop around and look for quotes. View the Comparison Chart on the AlarmForce homepage for an overview. Contact the Better Business Bureau and investigate the company before you sign anything.
- Get references and follow up with them, be sure to ask them how long they have been with the company and what their level of satisfaction is.
- Do not leave your home unattended during installation.
- Before signing any contract, know the terms, be sure to read the fine print.
- If you signed something you’re unsure of the Ontario Consumer Protection Act allows you to cancel any contract signed in your home within 10 calendar days.